Ladybird poppies

Ladybird poppies
My purchase from the Whittington Plant Fair

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Weekly or Monthly?

Well this blog was going to go weekly but it seems to be that it is going monthly, perhaps as the seasons warm up - the blog will speed up! Today I ordered 3 Patio Buddelia (Buzz Red)- they were out of the Sunday paper - they are plugs - well they were free bar the postage - so what the hec- if they bring in a few more bees and butterflies - then that will be magic. The tall Buddelia tree ( should have been pruned ) at the bottom of the garden attracts many butterflies and bees in the summer months ( see header pic from last year) I find this weather offers little encouragement for me to wander much further than to check on the bird feeders - or to top up the sultana dish - and maybe a peep into the greenhouse,
There has been a break this afternoon and the sun has shone through - ideal opportunity for a stroll around the garden - half the magic of a garden is I think - is to browse around trying to remember where and what you planted those few months ago and what comes up where and so forth.
Also for me to take a quick look at my special place in between the greenhouses - cuttings taken last autumn - hardy seedlings potted on - special bulbs in pots protected by mesh to stop damage from over zealous blackbirds scratching for worms - to be continued in a week or a month who knows!!

1 comment:

Flighty said...

Hello I've arrived here via Gardeners Click!
I wouldn't worry too much about about how often you post, it's the content that is much more important.
It's good to see you encouraging bees, birds and butterflies into your garden. Flighty xx