Ladybird poppies

Ladybird poppies
My purchase from the Whittington Plant Fair

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Buds are a Bursting !



This week - a trip out to Attingham Park and the walled garden - scrutinising the updated boards for January - and looking at the tidy garden beginning to wake up.- the picture above shows the parsley beds and the bell cloches cover the rhubarb crowns




Click on to read in detail -







My large pot on the decking planted up with spring flowers is doing fine - violas and bulbs - not sure what so it will be a surprise later on




Seed catalogues are popping through the letter box with endless decisions to be made . for choice of vegetables and seeds to grow for 2012.

Tour around the garden - showed that the Witch Hazel is about to bloom, this will be its first year in the garden. Red Currant and White Magnolia are in bud - but I can't find my yellow Winter Jasmine - the Japonica is starting to flower with the promise of more buds - see pic above.



On the kitchen window sill, cuttings are doing well and streptocarpus have rooted well - see the roots in the brandy glass = purely water I must add! they will be potted up soon and kept in a warm place to get established.

General tidy up of houseplants this week - but I must say there is definitely a feel of Spring in the air

2 comments:

Friko said...

Hi Jane, this is Friko.
Here in the Clun valley signs of spring are few and far between still.
I saw you have been in Ludlow and in Shrewsbury recently; like to meet up some time in either town?

This post also appeared in the drafts in Fridge Soup, do you mind if I delete it? I assume you don't want to post it there too?

Barb said...

Love your header, Jane.
Documenting your garden throughout the year is a great idea. Do you grow veggies as well as flowers? Here where I live I've had to adjust to reverse season. It is simply too hot in the summer to grow much at all, so we plant for the winter. Even my favourite roses are winter bloomers here. I'm not sure how a glass house would work for the summer either. Perhaps the plants would steam themselves to death. Worth thinking about though.
Keep on blogging!